What Is Consider Long-distance Move?
While it might not be far, moves greater than 20 miles are considered long-distance moves by us at Fort Worth Movers. We believe that moves that are more than 20 miles require more time to load and unload the truck and transporting the goods. We can finish a move in one day when the move is within 20 miles, greater than 20 miles requires more than one day to complete the move. The greater the distance, the more time we need to make your belongings reach your new destination. Regardless of the distance, we ensure that the move is as easy as it can be for you.
What Is Involved in a Long-Distance Move?
When you move across the country, you must think about certain issues that aren’t a problem when moving locally. For example, the people driving your belongings in the truck across the country have to rest and eat just like you do when you travel across the country. This adds time and cost to the move. Here are steps you should take when beginning your move.
1. Clean your house and belongings. You will be paying enough. You don’t want to add dirt or dust to the weight on the truck. Make sure you clean everything before you pack it for moving. You’ll also find the items that you haven’t used in a long time and can eliminate from the calculations.
2. Get Rid of Unwanted Junk. You don’t want to move that soccer ball your son has outgrown. Have a yard sale and get rid of the stuff you don’t want or need. You can donate much of your things to local charities or churches. You also can eliminate furniture that you don’t want to move or is too bulky to move. Your new house might have the same space. Anything else, just toss. The fewer items you move, the less expensive the trip will be.
3. Pack for Long-Distance. While some items will not be a problem if they are jostled a little bit on a local move, those same items will break if you don’t pack well for the long distance. Your belongings will be on the truck for many days. You want to make sure they are packed correctly. Fort Worth Movers takes time to ensure all your belongings that we pack are done so they won’t jostle on the long trip and won’t break.
4. Keep in Touch with Movers. Fort Worth Movers will supply you a contact name and phone number who will be with your belongings the entire time. You will use that name as your point person throughout the move. You want to make sure you keep in touch with him so you always know where your stuff is.
5. Make Sure You Arrive Ahead of Your Delivery. We will give you an estimate on when you can expect your belongings to arrive at the new destination. To make your move go as smoothly as possible, you will want to ensure you arrive before the truck. That way, you can meet the movers and direct them where to put your valuables.
6. Keep Valuables and Paperwork With You. When moving across the country, you should remember that you will be crossing states with different laws. You will want to have all your necessary paperwork with you at all times. You’ll also want to keep anything extremely valuable with you to protect it.
What Does Long-Distance Move Cost?
Fort Worth Movers will send one of our experienced estimators to your home to calculate the price of the move. He or she will consider the number of items you plan to move, the weight of the boxes and furniture, and the amount of miles to be traveled. We will include costs for our crew in the estimation. Additional costs, such as fees for unpacking and packing, can be included, but these fees are usually not mandatory. It all depends on your personal needs for the move. We are happy to sit down with you and discuss your options.
Do you need to move from Texas to some other state? Let us sit down and discuss your situation. You can call 682-200-2239 and speak with a moving representative today to talk about your long-distance options!